Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sewing Projects

These are a few of the things I've made since I dusted off my sewing machine a month ago.  I'm working on a set of pajamas, and these are two pincushions I made for other people.  The pink one is mine...one of the first, as you can tell!


This one is mine, stuffed with cotton balls, because that's all I could think of at the time.


This is one I made my step-mom for her birthday.



This I made from fabric harvested from an old state park uniform shirt.  My friend volunteered at the park, cleaning out the very nasty uniform closet.  She threw away bags and bags of un-useable uniforms, kept the nicer ones for the seasonals and cut the rest into cleaning rags.  I made her this to commemorate her time in the uniform closet....by the way, I didn't know how to piece fabric together, so the first two attempts ended up in mangled pieces of fabric I don't want anyone to ever see!



These are my pajamas BEFORE I took them in a few inches.  Cut the pattern out a little too big...but by the time they're finished I should be able to wear them!

2 comments:

Arran Johnson said...

Kim finally gave me my pincusion on my 32nd birthday and it was by far best birthday present I have received.

Gilbrides said...

Great job KIm! And pajama's--that's so fun. . I'm sure they are going to be so fantastic!