Phoenix was rainy the first day. It actually stormed on us but the next few days were great. We went to White Tanks to hike to the waterfall, and then spent some time poking around the desert exploring cactus. Norm (stepdad) brushed up against a couple cholla...his arm survived but his shoe was another story. I wonder if they even got all the spines out. My stepmom tried to take the spines out, got them stuck in her hand. I took them out of her hand and threw them on the side of the trail.
Anyway I will hopefully post pictures tonight or tomorrow!
I am thinking of goals for the spring (not getting too far yet!) and here are a few:
- finish sewing my pajamas
- start the canvas bag pattern I bought (and spent $20 on fabric for)
- make some quilted coasters from a really cool design
- find the articles on potholes I've been looking for
- find my application for substitute teaching
- be prepared for my after school club
- get out a LOT more and see more of Moab!