Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pink Clouds

I took this out the car window yesterday coming home from a L O N G car ride to Nevada and back.


The full moon along the road and pink clouds!

 We started Wednesday and made it to Elko. I liked driving across Nevada--it looks a lot like Utah. I realized that Las Vegas (where I was born) is what I think of when I think of Nevada, when it's actually the opposite! Nevada is full of small towns and cities, and a LOT of farms!

The Great Basin is massive! Lots of mountain ranges and long, green valleys. We actually got a little lost, thinking we were on the Great Basin Highway when actually we were headed for a campground and hiking trail--Angel Lake.



Doesn't it look like Heaven? We thought so!! I didn't want to leave but we had to because we still had about 8 hours left to drive home.

The water was cold and clear and we could see fish swimming around down there.

The trip was fun and I will hopefully be able to post more on that soon. We did come home to a much hotter day than what we had there. Today at the park it's over 90 and I've been outside most of the day. Normally I don't complain about the heat but I'm really noticing it today! I have made sure to drink plenty of water! I have a full moon hike tonight and I'm looking forward to the sun going down!

An additional story about the drive home can be found here.

1 comment:

Gilbrides said...

LOVE your pictures! Especially the picture of the pink clouds with the moon. Sounds like a fun trip, it seems to be a lot hotter these past couple of days. Glad to hear you are staying hydrated! I'm sure you had a great time on your night hike---sounds like lots of fun!!