Monday, June 27, 2011

A Few Haikus and a 2 Hour Walk

Instead of just writing about the walk I took last night, I decided to write a couple (or three) haikus, inspired by a fellow naturalist and blogger  (Patricia Lichen)! I was at work in the entrance station with my notebook so this is what I came up with:

Heat waves shimmering,
Animals still and quiet:
Desert's afternoon.

The sun is setting,
Light falling on swarms of bugs;
A light breeze begins.

I walk the creek;
A startled skunk lifts her tail
and I hold my breath!

I also came up wtih:  Even a swarm of bugs can be pretty in the right light! I wish I had my camera...I'm walking again tonight so I'll try to remember it!

2 comments:

Patricia Lichen said...

Hey Ranger Kim, thanks for the shout out! LOVE the haiku--aren't they a fun little challenge?

And it was good fun to see your post over at http://rockpaperlizard.blogspot.com/

Have you checked out his Interpreter Stories (there's a tab at the top of the website). I eat them up like candy... see if you love them too.

Gilbrides said...

Those are so fun! Great job!!